Sorry about the blog quietness! I have been having an issue with spam. No, not the delightfully curious canned meat, but the kind of spam that is millions (ok, dozens) of weird comments attacking my blog with links for Viagra and discount Marc Jacobs bags. Having a base level understanding of the interwebs to begin with, I really don’t know (also, don’t care) where to begin to stop that nonsense. So, I shall embrace the spam, and celebrate their rogue comments. At the very least, they are at least trying to understand and replicate my vernacular by drawing my attention with comments like “what’s up awesome friend” and excessive exclamation point usage. You get me, spammers. You really get me!
So here’s a quick recap of what the past week has been like.
- I ran a few times with Matt. It’s been weirdly hot though, and it tends to make us grouchy. Matt also somehow became ensnared in a burr bush. It wasn’t a great running week for us.
- It’s been too hot to run with the dog, or even let her rock out at the dog park in the evenings, so we have been hiking in some of the forest preserves with her. They have some off leash hiking areas that have a secret perimeter fence, so waffles feels like she’s free, and I don’t have to worry about her ending up 30 miles away. It really has been too hot though! She kept flopping down for breaks, and finally Matt just had to carry her, Congo style.
|Freedom is exhausting.|
- OMG – we went in a CANOE! THIS GIRL! AND THAT DOG! Matt did all of the paddling, while waffles and I cowered in the bottom of the canoe. Then we realized the canoe was actually pretty hard to tip, and were brave enough to peek out. And of course drink as much lake water as possible (her, not me)
|we float in giant water bowl?|
- I got holographic nail polish! I am so good at this whole being 30 thing.
|The picture does NOT do this 99 cent nail polish justice. It is much sparklier in person!|
- We saw Cheap Trick at Ravinia!! AHHHHH!
- And invented a second use for running shoes - wine holders!
- I have bangs now. I do this every couple of years for no reason.
- I survived this mega storm! It ruined my run, but at least I made it home in time. I even managed to get my car into the garage for safe keeping (a first for me!)
- Diana Nyad. I love you. I cheered her on all weekend. For real, you make me want to run an ultramarathon. <3
So that was my week in a nutshell. I actually have much to talk about in upcoming days. None of it’s interesting, but it will definitely be words that you can read. Or not read. And pictures of my dog. Hurray!