You know, because things happen.
1. Waffles the hero dog found a purse! She and Matt were walking and apparently spotted a purse that had been dropped. Also, that purse contained tons of money for some reason. Matt was able to locate the owner with the help of some neighbors who helped him track down the house of the owner. It turned out to be an older woman who was recently widowed, and had lost her wallet the week before, forcing her to cancel all her credit cards and carry around a shit-ton of cash. Losing your purse twice in two weeks? I feel for this lady.
Anyway, she was so happy to have her purse returned with all the $$$ intact, that she insisted on giving Matt and Waffles a $50 reward!
Waffles was super proud of herself for all of 30 seconds...
And then she tried to eat the $50. Luckily i have cat-like reflexes.
Since waffles has little need for cash, and we have been supporting her ass for the past year anyway, we went out to a nice dinner!
2. We also went and got a christmas tree! It was slightly weird though seeing as it's been 60 degrees all weekend, and will be almost 70 today....
3. I also started doing some minor, at home strength training. I have high hopes for not being a lazy and rapidly expanding blob in December. I don't remember planks being so hard though....
4. I had a dream that i was doing speed training on a track, and it was awesome and really fun. I think i'm finally ready.
5. The washing machine blew up. Smokey smell and everything. I managed to at least get it to drain so i could rescue the clothes trapped and drowning inside, but i don't know that i actually fixed it, so i am a little afraid to do laundry. Score!
6. I kind of want to do some sort of holiday 5k. It has to be a small one though, as holiday anxiety has already set in, and i don't expect it to leave until the new year.