1. Are you following Badwater? Mike Morton has less than a half marathon to go!! I would also like to point out that 70 year old Arthur Webb is in 10th place currently. Did i mention that he is 70? Ok, good. Our Illinois representative Scott Jacaway seems to be struggling - so send him some Illinois love vibes!!
2. You know what would be worse than running 135 miles in death valley right now?
running 135 miles in Chicago, IL. I have been watching the heat index, and it has consistently been worse here the entire time (because of humidity.) Right now the heat index in death valley is 82. In Northbrook, my current location, the heat index is 96. Just sayin.
3. I need some major inspiration for rock' n' roll this weekend. Not only do i have a $0 budget for a costume, but it is going to be a toasty 90 degrees. sigh. At least that's cooler than 100 degrees? I am just in desperate need of a cool, feel good race. I am starting to doubt my abilities, and i am pretty sure That the RnR half this weekend will do nothing to alleviate this self doubt. And i will have a crappy zero budget costume to boot. Or maybe i will just run in my bathing suit...its going to be 90, after all.....
4. I have consistently run 10-13 miles (minimum) every weekend for the last, i don't know, 4-5 months? My feet, while not beautiful, are completely intact and unfazed.
Matt has gone on one 11 mile run, and now has two black toenails ready to fall off. Obviously, i do not try hard enough.
Any advice for soon to be toenail-less Matt?
5. It has taken me all morning to write this in 90 second intervals. Work is crazy this week. I need a clone. Mike Morton has just won Badwater. It is still hotter in Northbrook.
6. Since Cary mentioned the muffins, here is the recipe i used! I think i added nutmeg because i didn't have cinnamon, and i made a pineapple glaze, because i love sugar. They were delicious, and i can't stop eating them.