Friday, February 15, 2013

C-C-C-C-C-C-Changes

On Wednesday, I snuck in a run at lunch.  This week has again been a struggle to accomplish anything,  and i just needed to move my feet for sanity's sake.  The weather was unseasonably warm (40 and sunny!)  and i had to take advantage of that perfect temperature where i can wear just a base layer of clothes, and not be hot or cold.  Thats true joy right there, folks.

Anyway, i went to my favorite path by work, the North branch trail.  But when i got there, i saw this:
All the snow (which was apparently significantly more than we got in the city!) Had melted, refrozen, melted again and formed a treacherous sheet of ice covered in slush.  If i was smart i would have abandoned the mission.  Based on this view, i had no idea how that path would be a few miles in.  I hate not knowing whats coming.  But ultimately, i decided to go for it.

In life, and in running, i choose the path that is less traveled.  Also, paths that could potentially kill me.  I do that a lot.  Either way, it was a slow, but awesome run that brought me clarity.  And an awesome core workout trying to stay upright.

All of this gobbledy-gook is basically just a lead up to the fact that i put in my two weeks notice at work.  I am quitting my job so i can focus on the blog fulltime.

I'm just kidding.  I am going to do the exact same thing i do now, just for a different company.  It was a really hard decision, especially because by leaving my job, it will directly affect people that i work with and consider friends.  But ultimately, i had to make the decision that was best for me.  As a type A nut case, it terrifies me not knowing whats going to happen, and i will constantly question if i made the right decision.  But the icy run on Wednesday looked scary, and ended up being something that was really good for me, so hopefully this scenario will play out the same way.  

It's time for me to grow.




26 comments:

  1. best of luck in your new position.......and with keeping upright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean. Leaving your job is very difficult and I went through the same thing a few years ago. I still keep in touch with my some of my old co-workers as they really were more friends than anything else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quit my job two weeks ago, but I gave them a month's notice. You can freak out for me because I am moving to Atlanta with no job. I'm glad I'm not the only 20-something making major life changes at the moment. Good luck with the new position and staying upright on the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not knowing what's going to happen is always scary. But you have to put yourself first! Taking a new job is a leap into the unknown but hopefully there is an awesome landing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your work friends understand and keep in touch. It can only get better...right!!

    Good luck and keep taking the path less traveled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you!

    but wait...does this mean you're NOT going o be a full time blogger now?

    I don't approve your new job if that's what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO DEEP. Also my jaw dropped when you said you were going to focus on the blog full-time. Then I literally LOL'd when you said just kidding. Anyways, good luck with the new job!!! Changes are hard but they certainly help us move forward and lead richer lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured i would take the blog to a whole new level in anticipation of my upcoming book "deep thoughts" by gingerfoxxx.

      I actually put that fulltime blog joke in to see if anyone was skimming and believed it. Seeing as how my blog makes me -$3.00 a month, it would be a pretty rough life. :)

      Delete
    2. So "I'm taking the blog full-time ... just kidding" is the new "I'm dying ... just kidding" or "I'm pregnant ... just kidding." You are so meta.

      Delete
  8. Good luck to you!! I know you are way scared, but i am super excited for you, and i hope it ends up being the super best thing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a similar photo of a little tree growing out of nowhere and I find so much inspiration from it. Your photo totally reminded me of it! Take the first step...the rest will fall into place. The world always has a way of nudging you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scary...but oh so awesome!! Wish I could pass on the same news but I am not ready to jump into any thing more than I have right now until one of the kiddos starts driving and can help out when hubs is gone or at meetings.

    Woo Hoo to new adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new job. Is it closer to your home? Nice picture of the path, even though it was treacherous to run on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's really exciting news! Change is always hard and a little scary, but I hope it means less of the stress you've had lately in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New adventures! I think it's great. Maybe we shouldn't ever be too comfortable in our situation. Surely we are meant for constant change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's to the path less traveled...ice and all. Change is good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's scary, but you're making the right decision! I had a bit of a rocky start to the working world. My first job I got laid off because they shut our office down, my second job I left for a job I thought would be better which turned out to be an AWFUL fit for me, so I left and went to my current company and took a step back and was an assistant for the year (the position I started out at). I had a good feeling about my current company, worked my ass off and got promoted twice into my current position within 2 years. Now I don't think I'll ever leave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know that a job change might seem scary right now, but everything happens for a reason. You have been unhappy for a while so I think you made the right decision. Good luck little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see big things for you :) I hope the move in work treats you splendidly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there - good for you! I'm so happy that you're making a change that's positive - even if it's a crazy hard one to make! I'm drinking a glass of wine to you as we speak! (no wait, make that a bottle!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope this means you are now commuting west ;)

    Congratulations on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the new gig! How exciting! Does it give you a better commute at all? Same field? I want to hear more! :)

    I decided to switch jobs in late 2008 and the decision was so hard. But it really taught me to believe in myself (and showed me who my true, supportive friends were!).

    Gosh, so many of the trails by our place look like that. Core workout is right!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY for a new job! So exciting and scary all at the same time- That snowy icy trail looks intimidating... Props to you for getting all the way through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck in your new job, you will kick butt in no matter what you do! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Switching jobs and choosing between two possible options is so so tough! Congratulations for making a smart decision and doing what's best for you! Best of luck in the new job.

    ReplyDelete