Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Oh Captain, my Captain!

Recently, i have taken on not one, but two very special ambassador roles!

I am running/ambassadoring the Espirit de She race come July!
Its a 5k & 10k in Lincoln Park on July 18th (a thursday) and it means two very important things.  
1.  Its an evening race.  I don't run many, but i know that i love them.  I am an evening runner.  This is going to be awesome.  (I am running the 10k, fyi, if you want to run along side me)  
2.  Why would you ever want to run along side me?  Because it will be my birthday race!!  This will be my very last race in the 25-29 age group, as my big 3-0 will be the Saturday after the race!

So, come run with me - i will be more than happy the share a summary of my 25-29 life, as i am sure i will have plenty of time, being the slow runner i am.  Plus Athleta is one of the sponsors, so you know the gear will be awesome.  Winning!

If you want to read the details, check out their website: http://www.espritdeshe.com/

They also have a triathlon on June 9th, for you BAMF's.  I am trying to volunteer for that event, so if you do want to run a triathlon not only will you know you are way awesomer than myself who will never ever run one, but you might get to see my gross hungover face handing you water (It's the day after Ragnar!)   

AND,

I have been selected as the ambassador for the state of Illinois for the Huntington's Disease Society of America!  I am going to Washington DC next month to crack some skulls make some senators understand how important it is to pass the Huntington's Disease Parity Act.  As far as the US government is concerned (specifically the Social Security department) HD does not warrant disability coverage.  As someone who has been directly affected by this, i am now going to make them understand how devastating it is, especially when you're terminally ill, have a family to support, and don't qualify for disability.  They have been sitting on this bill for TWO YEARS.  So i am gonna go get it done!  FOR AMERICA!!

Boom!  Ambassadoring.

12 comments:

  1. I only have 2 races left until my big 3-0, it's coming WAY tooo faaasstttt! Maybe I should slow down my running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually surprised at how reasonably priced that 10K is and it's awesome that they're offering race day packet pickup. (I live out in the suburbs and I despise having to take a second trip downtown and pay $$$$ for parking just so I can get my packet.) I'm pretty tempted to run this one. Thanks for the heads up! And good luck in DC! You're supporting a really important cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just wrong that Huntington's Disease does not warrant disability coverage. If you need a petition signed, let me know! Congrats and if there is one person who can reform Washington it's Gingerfoxxx! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about ambassadoring for the Esprit de She race, too!!! It sounds like an AMAZING event!!!

    And HUGE congrats on being selected as the ambassador for Illinois for the Huntington's Disease Society of America. WAY TO REPRESENT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, that is tempting to run that race! I love evening races, too.

    And you will make them pay if they don't listen to you in DC, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on both! Especially being selected to go to DC and represent Huntington's Disease. I hope you can get the bill passed. Two years is a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That DC opportunity sounds so cool! Are you going with a group of people?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ROCK! Both of those opportunities are amazing, but seriously the HD opportunity is incredible...you are such a difference maker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing what you are doing for Huntington's Disease. Very impressive. Good luck & kick some axx, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tip in the run....I went to the link and found they are also having a race in September in MN!! Just 45 minutes away! WooHOo...time to recruit some friends and sign up. FUN....now get cracking!!

    ReplyDelete