Monday, February 4, 2013

Marathon training, week 6!

Miles: 22
Martinis: 2 (and quite a variety of cocktails on Saturday night.)
Strength training: 1 p90x session
Mental breakdowns: 2
Overall feeling:  I have a lot of knee pain right now.  I always have joint issues in the cold, so i know it will get better, but it definitely sucks right now.  I am terribly overwhelmed as of late, and really struggling to manage everything.  Fingers crossed that things are looking up soon.  ***On the plus side, compared to last January, i ran 20 additional miles.  So thats cool!  I also like to think i am running more quality miles.  Miles where i feel strong and work hard but efficiently, rather than puke on things and wheeze.  Every day, there is a little more daylight too, which is encouraging.  

Last week was rough.  I am sure you can tell by my lack of blogging, but i have some life challenges going on right now, and it is somewhat dominating my time.  The worst part is, the only thing that really makes me feel better is talking through everything.  Thats why i have a blog in the first place!  Sadly, all my problems right now surround my job, and it is never appropriate to discuss that in a public forum, no matter how few people read my blog. 

In summary, it's making for poor and exceptionally whiny blog content as of late.  I'm sorry.

I almost skipped my long run this week because i haven't been sleeping, or eating right (skittles is a fruit, right?), and i am just feeling drained.  I woke up and saw the snow on Saturday morning though, and decided to suck it up - i loveeeee snow!

It turned out to be the smartest decision of the week.  I ended up just venting about my tragedy of a life (seriously - i should have gone into drama!) but in the end, it felt really good just to purge all the worry and negative thoughts over the course of 12 snowy miles.  It also helps to have other people to give you feedback and perspective; i generally have considerably less common sense than everyone around me.  

In then end, its just therapeutic to know there are people on team Sara.
I plastered these stickers all over West Lafayette Saturday night, in accordance to the "fake it til you make it" principal.  Royal cat swag is the official logo for team Sara.  

I also went to my alma mater on Saturday night to celebrate Matt's "pre-birthday"  It was great to reunite with old design friends, and it turns out, a lot of people i went to school with don't even have jobs to complain about right now, so it really put things into perspective.  That, and it was determined in my last post that drinking solves everything.  All the time.  
Have you ever had a Baltimore Zoo? It's like a Long Island iced tea, with extra booze added for good measure.   Go Ravens!  :)
So, sorry the blog has been so lame lately.  Come run with me if you ever want the full deets on my drama-fueled life.  I have high hopes that good things are on the horizon, and i will soon have awesome things to talk about again, like how much i hate speed training, or how fast i can eat a baguette.  (Which sheds light on the overlooked "baguette speed training")

<3

9 comments:

  1. I try to purge my stress in my runs on hills or speed work. Hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird... but my week sucked too!

    i wonder if there's some logical reason as to why my joints hurt in the cold.

    Things will get better!

    PS. DON'T read my recap for the week, it's pretty whiny haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you are blogging! Me? Not so much.

    Whine away...here's to good things coming down the road :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about all the challenges you are going through right now. =( I feel your pain about not wanting to discuss certain things in my blog, which definitely makes it tougher to blog. Hang in there - things WILL get better soon. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one of those #Swag stickers. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 12 snowy miles...you are amazing, girl.

    I am sending love and happy vibes your way. You deserve as little stress as possible. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you life changes work themselves out. I'm with you - sometimes I just want to skip a workout, but then, it ends up making me feel so much better:) Hang in there, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs to you. I hope that everything turns around for you soon. On a bright note, so proud of you and your January mileage. That is awesome. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kind of in the same boat - work angst is negatively affecting my blog. FWP.

    ReplyDelete