Amanda over at TooTallFritz was nice enough to nominate me for the beautiful blogger award, so i get to share seven fun facts with you!
If you haven't been to Amanda's blog, check it out! There are few people in this world as sassy as i am, but she is one of them. Us sassy girls have to stick together!
So, wait no further, here are some random things about me you probably didn't care to know!
1. I am allergic to asparagus. No, seriously. We didn't figure this out until my early 20's because i had just never had it before. Whenever i eat it, i break out in hives on my arms and legs.
2. In the next few years, i would like to drive the entirety of Route 66 for a vacation. I've been on many segments, but never followed it from start to finish. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
3. I have no religion (raised in an athiest/wiccan household) But i have been to services for all the following religions: Catholic, Lutheran, Pentacostal, Judaism, Sikh, Buddhism, Bahai, Zoroastrian, and Hinduism. I think religion is incredibly interesting, and i think as someone raised outside of religion, it gives me a unique perspective and respect for all of them. If there are any local religious groups you know of in Chicago that welcomes the public, let me know!
4. I never played any sports. Shocking right? I mean, i am such an awesome runner, i must have been a track star. I hate to disappoint, but i spent my high school years waxing philosophy and literature with the intellectuals. I passed gym class only because i aced the written exam (seriously - there was a written exam) I couldn't even complete the mile. (which you had to be able to run in 12 minutes. Yes, i failed this. One 12 minute mile.) It was interesting to run past that high school in the marathon. (which i later collapsed in - some things never change?)
5. I don't eat meat, but for no other reason than i don't like it. Every once in a while, i do crave chicken soup though, and that is one of the only acceptable forms of meat (to me). I have nothing against meat, and it doesn't bother me if other people eat it, or if it touched my food. I will try anything though. I just most likely won't like it. :) Which brings me to-
6. Once time, i ate chicken feet for breakfast. It was interesting. I was staying with a friend, and his family took me out for dim sum, which is like a chinese small plate brunch. Obviously, as they were very gracious hosts, i was going to eat anything they put in front of me. The chicken feet were a little rough though. So many bones.
7. I have a masters degree in Industrial Design (an artistic extension of engineering) and my brother is a high school dropout. That kid is so much better than me at math that it is EMBARRASSING. He can do complex division in his head, and i would die without a calculator. It goes to show that you don't have to be super smart to be successful, you don't have to be athletic to run marathons, and you don't have to be able to spell to have a blog.
It never hurts to be a smartass though.
Now for a few people i want to know more about. (technically, i want to know more about ALL of you!)