WHAT IS THAT?? I swear to god, last week the Chicago Marathon was 4 months away. Obviously, one of you is screwing with my counter.
But in all seriousness, my training for July can be summed up in one word:
The month just didn't go as planned. Which is life i guess. But i am going to try a different approach with august, and make a plan. Not just for running, but for living.
1. I need to dig myself out of my hole of alienation. I really like running with people. Why aren't i doing it? I have friends that run that i can call, but i dont. Maybe i wouldn't whine so much if i had people there distracting me. I mean, i live with Matt for christ's sake, you would think we could find one day to run together?
2. My little Waffles, i promise to take you to the dog park twice a week so that you can run around to your little hearts content. I am sorry i have been sick and tired. I understand that when you repeatedly bite me in the face while i am trying to take a nap that you are saying "please, i need exercise" and i acknowledge it.
3. My skin and hair - what have i done to you??? I don't know what my deal is, but i have not been moisturizing, and as a result, my shins are peeling. You read that right. My shins. are PEELING. I vow to moisturize every night! or at very least, almost every night!
4. Defer. I do all the cooking, because i assume that i can do it better. Technically, i can, i am really good cook. But Matt is a good student. If i give him detailed instructions, he can totally handle making dinner a couple nights a week. I need to stop stressing myself out trying to do everything.
5. Drinking. Bye bye, my love. Summer is the worst because everyone wants to go have a beer. Its easy to end up going out for a beer 4 or 5 nights a week! The problem is, with all the running, two beers is enough to knock me on my ass and feel it the next morning. It is definitely interfering with my running right now. Sad face.
|I shall return for you after the Dublin Marathon!|
7. And lastly, running. Actually, I'm not doing too bad with running. For the most part, i am hitting all my mileage numbers (with the exception of flu-gate 2012) My pace has been slow and sad compared to my last training cycle, but it's summer and i need to deal with it. Winter is coming......sweet, sweet winter. So running is good, but strength? cross-training? yoga? fail, FAIL, FAIL. I vow to do strength with coach Matt twice a week, yoga once a week, and cross-training once a week. (expect to hear many ponderings as to what can be considered cross-training over the next month.)
Was your July more successful than mine? (I sure hope so!)
Any resolutions for August?
Do you know who switched my marathon countdown counter?