Monday, August 13, 2012

Holy crap, there is a LOT going on!

Last summer was a whirlwind of weddings, and this summer is a whirlwind of BABIES!  Between babies being born, showers, announcements, etc, i am starting to be concerned that there is something in the water!

This weekend i got to celebrate my good friend Tammy's soon to be baby boy!

Obviously, she is the pregnant one :)
It doesn't hurt that they lured me there with my own personal pie.  Miniaturizing desserts so that i can eat them in entirety all by myself is a one way ticket straight into my heart!


Don't be too concerned though, as there are no plans for baby foxes in the near future.  I can't even take care of myself!

I am also now just two months away from my very first international trip!  We have booked all our rooms, flights, cars, and everyone has their passports, thanks to my diligent badgering.  I am seriously ready to burst with excitement for the Dublin Marathon, and the whole trip in general.  Can you believe my brother has never been on a plane??

You gotta hand it to the kid, he's brave!  I cried the entire time on my first flight.  Also, i was 23.  My poor mom is going to need to sedate us both.

You also may have noticed my sucking at blogging lately.  I have a lot on my plate in the upcoming weeks!  First, i have been running a lot!  The weather has been beautiful!  I can't get enough.  I just want to run all the time.  I even finally got this kid to start his marathon training.  You know, with 8 weeks to go....
Thats Aaron, one of my best friends, who will be running the Chicago Marathon this year for the Red Cross, his very first!

And lastly, i have 26 days until the Chicago Half Marathon!  That means i need to do some serious work if i want to meet my time goal, as well as the fact that i am slammed with Team Run for HD tasks!  Running a charity team is seriously a lot of work!  I can't wait until i cross the finish line, and take a deep breath of relief!  Stay tuned, because i have 8 million bajillion charity events for the team between now and race day.

And seriously, if you are running for a charity, thank your coordinator!  It's no easy job!

6 comments:

  1. This cool weather is Mom Nature's prank on me cuz I can't run. So you're welcome. Yay for Dublin! One of my favorite cities. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dublin marathon sounds like it would be so freakin much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all you have the best style! Love your sundress- it is super cute. Secondly I can't believe you get to run the Dublin marathon. That will be an awesome experience. I hope that your brother survives his first flight, but he should be fine. He is pretty brave for making his first flying adventure an international one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray Hooray Hooray! I am SOOOO jealous about the Dublin Marathon, I can't even begin to describe it. Someday, SOMEDAY, I will move to Ireland. I will!

    I had actually registered for the Rock N Roll Dublin this year but they ended up canceling it.

    You are going to have such an awesome time. I could talk about Ireland for HOURS, so if you need any advice, let me know!

    Also, I would love to see every single photo you take. I don't care if it's of people I don't know. I want to live vicariously through you.

    Good luck!!!!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you looking all cute at that baby shower. I just want to pick you up and put you in my pocket.

    Can you wear an american flag costume when you run the dublin marathon?!

    ReplyDelete