Thursday, April 5, 2012

Like a jacked up rainbow bright.

The weather has been so unpredictable lately that i have been packing my running bag to accommodate any situation.  (20 degrees?  80 degrees?  40mph winds?  rain? burning sun? all of these can happen in a 24 hour period in Chicago)  Sadly this means i just don't seem to care how i look anymore, and thats when situations like this happen.
Oh yes.  That is light blue, dark blue, purple, red, hot pink, and sparkle all rolled into one.  This also happened to be the day where two people driving by honked at me, either because they were coworkers who recognized me (which is embarrassing, because i try to at least tone it down to three colors at work) or because they thought they were seeing a double rainbow and just felt the need to honk.  


I have been feeling sapped this week, probably from Matt's situation, as well as the TERRIBLE allergies that have been occurring. I do not want to cook when i get home from work.  I feel bad too, because when i don't cook, neither of us eat healthy.  After the 9 mile run (and then an hour and a half in traffic, thank you Chicago!)  All i wanted was a martini and popcorn.
Reasons i'm not a health blogger.
 So yeah, that's my life.  The highlight of my day was returning from making the popcorn to see this:
My dog is so weird.  


Also, i am making myself into a meme- I am now "fails at healthy living girl"  you saw it here first, folks.

(no one is making you read this blog)

17 comments:

  1. you are right, a salad should be 50% croutons ;)

    (the rest should be 25% cheese, 10% bacon, 10% salad dressing and 5% lettuce and other various veggies ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG cutest dog!!!
    I smother my salads in dried fruit goodness. Oh and cheese. Lots of cheese.
    I did a race once where after they actually called out the person wearing the most different brands. WTF? Since when were we supposed to be so matchy matchy??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when i try to match i seem to fail! at least i stand out! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the pic of your dog on the laptop. Very cool. My dog is not as mobile, he still uses the desktop in the office. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, she is obsessed with the laptop - i think she considers it her personal warming station!

      Delete
  4. croutons are deadly and apart of my daily consumption.

    so incredibly jeal of your ability to run right now. and your fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, i am jealous of your ability to cook food and not just eat butter and vodka for dinner. (you know paula deen would back me up!)

      Delete
  5. Rainbow Brite was (is) the shit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dressing like her is coming back into style - i'm calling it now!

      Delete
  6. I always like to tell myself that what I wear when running doesn't count. Also, this week's allergies have been OUT OF CONTROL for me! I was in a haze all week, last night I slept 12 hours and ended up working from home. Productive day having no one bother me and now I am feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ughhh, i want to take something for the allergies, but i would definitely be knocked out too!!

      Delete
  7. So is there a link to the fails and healthy living girl meme generator????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's coming tomorrow. Today was a test to see if anyone tried to stop me!!

      Delete
  8. The weirdo weather has been... weird. The wind, freeze, heat, sun... wtf. It's making me crazy!

    I totally do not eat healthy very often. I crave things like that after a run too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually never want to eat after a run, so i have to force it in. popcorn is just so much easier to force, haha

      Delete
  9. Ha I load my salad with croutons too, if you get the right kind they are the best part of ever salad. How far/long do you run on avg?, I've been pulling 5.5 in 60 minutes.

    ReplyDelete