Thursday, February 16, 2012

first world problems - round 2.

I'm still feeling a little rough, but here it goes!


1.  Because i was so sick yesterday, i just had brown rice with soy sauce for dinner.  I was depressed on how sad and lame my dinner was, until i realized that it was a normal dinner in Asia.  Why do i eat so much?




FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!


2.  This morning my co-worker taught me that if you fill your mug with hot water for a couple minutes before putting the coffee in, your coffee will stay warm longer because of heat transfer properties.  This means that physics works, and i have been drinking lukewarm coffee for 28 years unnecessarily!


FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!


3.  Unnecessary is unnecessarily hard to spell.


FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!


4.  I watch/read the news everyday, listen to NPR, and have a pretty good understanding of current world affairs, and i can NOT figure out what the problem is in Syria.  What is going on over there people???
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


5.  All my dreams finally came true, and i won something.  I won a sampler pack of GNU bars from Kim over at http://www.ilaxstudio.com/blog/.  I had the cinnamon raisin and it was AMAZING and more, but Matt ate the cranberry orange one!  It's like he's eating my DREAMS!
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


6.  I am so used to running all the time and snot rocketing (gross, i know, but it's better than not breathing)  That i accidentally did it when walking to my car this morning.  I am so gross and uncool.


FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


7.  My car just reached 30,000 miles, and i was so focused on driving that i missed it and didn't get to snap a picture until 30,006.  Also, my car is at 30,000 miles....
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


8.  I constantly shove dog treats in my pockets and forget about them.  They recently decided to fuse together and form a mega treat:
Should i encounter a pack of vicious dogs, i am set!  or in very big trouble....


FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


9.  I thought i might lose some weight with all this marathon training, but alas, my weight has remained the same.  Not that i need to lose weight, i just want to buy new pants and feel like its justified.


Hello, my friend.....


FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


10.  I have this grand delusion of running the Ragnar Relay in 2013, but i just don't think i have enough friends...



FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


11.  I just figured out the Mag Mile Runner is a double entendre, because her name in Maggie... MAN, I AM SMART!


FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


Until next time (and maybe by next time i will have finally run a few miles.....)

6 comments:

  1. I.love.these.posts.

    I seriously cracked up about the dog treats. You should probably just eat it.

    I AM SO JEALOUS YOU WON SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsey, if my first world problems can make you smile, then bearing them is totally worth it. :)

      Delete
  2. Such a good idea about the coffee! I will start doing this tomorrow, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these really make me laugh :) also i want to do ragnar too!! let's stay friends till then, k? maybe we can even make a few more crazy friends so we don't have to run 100 miles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Matt, come on! Just kidding :)

    Oh, you will totally find enough friends to do the relay. Plus, you can have Ragnar assign people to your team!

    ReplyDelete