Friday, February 17, 2012

they're hereeeee

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In case you were wondering what I'm doing tonight......


My post today is totally coming out of no where based on a post i just read over at Princess Kelseys blog, but has to do with goals  (it's just that all my goals are celebrity related.)  


They say for your first marathon, the goal is to finish.  Don't worry about time, don't push yourself too hard, just finish the damn race.  But do we realllllly follow this?  Are people going into their first marathon (or ANY race)  with no expectations? NONE?  only to finish?  I always set some kind of goal for myself.  I only make it half of the time, but i still set the goal.  I have no fear in failure.  None.  For example, last night i wanted to run 10 miles (which is crazy for my sickly state.)  Instead, i failed and i ran 8.  But if 8 miles is failure - bring me more of that!


I believe that if i said "i'm going to run 8 miles", i would have just crapped out at 6.  I know me - this is what i do.  My top secret goal for my first marathon in May is to beat Kate Gosselin (5 hours)  Because i feel that i can, and because i seriously do not like her.  
Her face is as fake as my sincerity, and i am going to destroy her marathon time if it kills me.  Also, stop telling people you haven't had any work done.  Faces just don't unfugify themselves out of nowhere.  LIAR.


My goal for next year is to destroy George Bush's time, mostly because i just cannot believe he ran a 3:44 marathon.  That is seriously fast, and i just never guessed he had it in him.  His whole persona just does not scream "speedy distance runner".  I think its because he's from Texas...if you can survive running in Texas, you can destroy runners in almost any other state.  


Do you make goals?  Are you beating yourself?  Your friends?  Celebrities?  Ex-presidents?  Do you just want to beat me?  (because thats easy, you should really try harder...)  I always have a goal in the back of my mind, whether i admit it or not.  And i have no problem failing at it.  over.  and over.  and over.

14 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed when I read through last month's issue of RW to see Kate G as the featured celebrity. Really? Some of the quotes there were just priceless. "After I run 10 miles, I like to sit around and do nothing." Well Kate, wouldn't we all like to do that, wouldn't we all... I haven't touched the issue since and contemplated boycotting RW because of it (not really though).

    Finishing your first marathon under 5 hours is totally doable and respectable! I finished my first in 5:28 with lots of stomach issues. Beating Kate's time is my next marathon goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that she is running marathons and then power lazing instead of raising her 8 kids. Its just all the more reason to beat her!!

      Delete
    2. I know, right? What kind of "role model" is she? UGH... Remember when Katie Holmes ran the marathon in 2008 without wearing a bra? She finished in 5:29!

      Delete
    3. Wait - so will not wearing a bra make me faster or slower??

      Delete
  2. As for me, it's all about OPRAH.........4:29:15............she did that in the Marine Corps Marathon in 1994.....I was poised to beat that time in my first marathon, but I'll blame the friggin' Nor'easter that hit Massachusetts that day for my 4:58. 35 degrees....rain.....25-30mph winds.......it was a miserable day and it's totally to blame for my slowitude. Now that I'm training for Boston in 2 months, I've got two goals......get to Hopkinton in one piece......and BEAT OPRAH!!!!

    I hate Kate Gosselin too......absolutely disgusted that RW featured her.....but then again, they also featured Caribou Barbie, so I guess anything goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen your pace for runs, you can TOTALLY beat oprah.....i feel like people should wear shirts when they run marathons of what celebrity they are trying to beat....

      Delete
  3. me too all about Oprah... i figure i've got all year (ok, until october) but that's my goal for chicago :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saaaaaame! First half is in March and they say "oh just be happy when you cross the finish line." SCREW THAT! Sub2 or die! FML. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. not only will we beat her, but we will look better doing it.

      Delete
  6. My goals tend to be to beat my own PRs, but I am aware of what my friends are running too. But I really just want to get faster, compared to me. I hope that happens... I am so slow at the marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete