Wednesday, May 9, 2012

FWP

I suppose its that time.


1.  So Matt and I have a beer fridge (delayed maturation?)  Its mostly because he had a really nice mini fridge, and I let him keep it in his "man cave"  (the office)  When we went to Cincinnati, we smuggled back a bunch of Yuengling - not because its necessarily amazing, but mostly because we can't buy it in Illinois, so we feel the need to hoard it.  Sadly, we had just stocked up with the costco summer beer sampler, so the beer fridge was overflowing to start.  No more room in the beer fridge.


Such a FIRST WORLD PROBLEM.


2.  I used to really like Living Social and Groupon, because they would have really cool offers for things i would have never sought out on my own - cooking classes, new yoga studios, museum tickets.....but lately, they are attempting to profile me and send me more personalized specific deals...and they are all for liposuction and cellulite!!! WTF?
Maybe its because i always bought the $10 for $20 worth of food groupons....
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.


3. I usually sit and blog in the mornings with the pup.  Its our quality time where we hang out on the couch, and she is generally calm and cute and lovable.  This morning she wolfed down her food, jumped on the couch, and belched right in my freaking face.
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.


4.  So i just discovered the "Draw Something" game for smart phones (are you surprised?  I just figured  out instagram like 3 weeks ago.)  Its basically like digital pictionary.  Only i have no one to play with.  probably because my pictures are so terrible.  If you have it, please play with me - gingerfoxxx.  Also, if you have any idea what this might be, let me know, because you have totally stumped me Rachel.  I got nothing.
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


5. I don't know what is going on with butterflys as of late, but there is one in front of my window at work that has been harassing me.  He just keeps flying into the window over and over and over again.  I snapped this picture of him, but i am pretty sure he is dead, or at the very least unconscious.  I seriously can't get anything done at work though - i just keep watching him.
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


6.  I still have to wait two more days before i can start obsessively compulsively checking the 10 day weather report for Rockford.  Sigh.
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.


7.  Meow is dead, and i find the world a cold dark place now with no meaning.  You went too soon. RIP, Meow.
Stop. Over. Feeding. Your. Pets!
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS


8.  There is some major trouble brewing in North Carolina.  As a strictly serious about nothing blog, i wont get into my views, but when we were growing up, and my brother and i couldn't agree on the way to approach something, my mom took away the privilege to whatever it is. 


 If we can't figure out who can and can't get married, we should just ban marriage.  That'll teach everyone to get along according to mom law.  If we ban all marriage, we can all be angry and miserable together.
Sue would rule with an iron fist.


FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.


9.  I have a deep dark secret.




I like Jack Black movies.  I really do.  I thought "Be kind, rewind" was great.  I just discovered the movie Bernie which is a true story about a murder in texas where everyone took the side of the murderer.  I think it sounds amazing.  I assure you, no one will ever watch this movie with me....life is so hard.
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.


10.  They keep switching pace groups for the Rockford Marathon!  I am sure its because there just aren't a ton of people running the marathon, but its 11 days out.  You are starting to freak me out!!  Would i cross a line if emailed the race director?  What if i called the emergency information line....?
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.


We made it to wednesday folks!  And check out my Charity Raffle if you haven't already!!

28 comments:

  1. If I owned a mini fridge, we would use it. Because we got a "new to us" fridge from my mother in law, we keep our old fridge in the garage stocked with beer, powerade, expired Fuze drinks (I need to throw those away), and pop. Yuengling is AMAZING and my favorite beer. Is it weird if I invite myself over to your place to drink them with you?

    That photo is a trophy!!! I love draw something but got a little too crazy and played too much. Now I play once every couple days, but you're welcome to start a game with me any time you like! kellywils0n

    That fat cat made me so sad. I felt so bad for the cat and it wasn't really surprising when he died. I always think fat pets are really sad.

    Another great FWP post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you come help drink some of it, you would only be helping us! :) And i totally see that it is a trophy now...i kept thinking it was a PBR, and was upset that i didn't have the letters to spell "pabst"

      Delete
    2. don't make me come and steal your beer! I wanted to tell you it was a trophy too! crap! I play..but I am super far behind, so if you want someone who is far behind and rarely gets to things, sign me up..I also do words with friends

      Delete
  2. Just bought the butt lift Groupon. Thanks for sharing such a great coupon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just start forwarding them all to you :D

      Delete
    2. Next time you see me you are gonna be so jeal of my behind.

      Delete
  3. Jared is from Pottsville... where they brew Yuengling. He'd be dissappointed to read "not because its necessarily amazing" and he'd also be upset you didn't bring him any back because we are getting low on our stash from thanksgiving. We brought back to Chicago 5 cases of PA beers... 2 of which were Yuengling!

    The whole Meow this really upsets me - it's animal cruelty :(

    i'm on drawsomething! kerengeorgina - play me too :) I'm terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i worded that wrong - i LOVE Yuengling! Whenever i enter a state that distributes, its my first stop! Its more that we are hoarding it JUST because we can't buy it here :) I love the excitement of being a beer runner.... (double enterdre! ZING!)

      Delete
  4. I'm so with you on #8.............but then again, I tend to believe that if it doesn't actually harm me, my family, my loved ones, and my friends, people should basically be able to do whatever they want. Not to get to "political", but my marriage isn't impacted by anyone else's, regardless of gender or orientation. Live and let live.....right? Or maybe it's just me being from commie Massachusetts! LOL

    Stupid butterfly.......out of the gene pool, now!

    Oh, and regarding the 12-day option.....Sara, you certainly have POWERS, but even you cannot change the weather! It's going to be what it's going to be........you'll get through your taper madness and have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i can't change it, but i still will compulsively check it 100 times a day for the next week :)

      Delete
  5. #4 - TROPHY

    #8 - Ohhhh...poor UNC is about to get it. And I don't think it's gonna be pretty.

    #9 - I do not usually like Jack Black, but I am dying to see Bernie! My husband is always making fun of me because I want to rent the little indy films and they usually end up being horrible. I don't know--that one looks good to me!


    Enjoy your blog! Good luck at Rockford!

    Walton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, Kelly (and this Walton person) beat me to telling you the word is trophy. You can start a game with me if you want to see more horrible, confusing drawings. I'm snmnstrz21.

    And your comment about how we should ban marriage made me snort out loud. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we can't share it, it should just be taken away, haha

      Delete
  7. I got the same damn Living Social, what the fuck!
    My husband is the first up and feeds the dog while I'm sleeping then always tosses her into bed with me while he showers and every.damn.morning she burps in my face. Is this the thanks we get for feeding, bathing and loving them?
    Lastly, I am glad to hear I am not the only one who loves Jack Black movies. Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny? Surely that is a classic. T-minus 2 days girl, make weather.com/Rockford you home page, you know you want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved pick of destiny!! I am thinking of starting a vote on what people think the weather will be. Just for OCD fun :)

      Delete
  8. We have a beer fridge too! Haha

    I am sad about mr meow, I hate seeing animals, even if they are cats suffer.

    NC- (shakes head in shame) what the heck were they thinking?

    Boo to extended forecasts. But, it seriously changes like every 8 hours, so I stopped worrying. Until like the day before. Enjoy your taper tantrums!

    What kind of dog do you have? Basenji? Very cute pooch! My dog will eat his food, then come trot over to me as burp in my face. If that's not love, I don't know what is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! She is my little basenji baby! I think she eats too fast and it makes her burp alot, lol

      Delete
  9. I have been getting the same Living Social/Groupon emails, and I too am offended.

    Also I like your idea for how to handle North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose i can't be too offended, because they keep sending ones to Matt for bikini waxes...

      Delete
  10. I was so sad about Meow. WTF, people!

    I will create a game with you, but like Kelly, I hardly play much anymore! I am already kind of burnt out on the game.

    Oh my gosh. I hate Jack Black. Gulliver's Travels was SO BAD. Please please please tell me you did not like that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw gulliver's travels, so i am exempt from that one

      Delete
  11. Oh my! I will admit I like Jack Black too, LOL!!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a trophy, silly!! And once again, these posts never get old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having the letters makes it even harder for me!

      Delete