Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Photo challenge number, idk, 4? 5?

My ability to count has escaped me. 


So this weeks challenge from Maggie was about your favorite "seen on my run" photo.  Only i never bring my camera with me.  I just don't like to carry stuff when i run.  So, since i actually have a career where i draw stuff all day, i thought maybe i could use my artistic license to recreate a scene.  I have seen some pretty neat things when i run.  I saw a crawfish once.  And a skunk.  And about 30 obese raccoons. And once even a perfectly intact grilled cheese sandwich.  But i think my favorite sighting is a reoccurring one on the North Branch trail.  There's this guy.  I think he is some kind of bird photographer.  I see him on the trail maybe 70% of the time?  So he has to be out there multiple days a week.  He has a badass walking stick, a super nice SLR camera with a giant zoom lens, and sometimes binoculars.  He has an awesome straw hat, and a handlebar mustache.  
No, Seriously, i draw things for a living.
Even if i had a camera with me, it would probably be very inappropriate to take a picture of a stranger, so this very accurate drawing of him will have to suffice.  If you think i am lying, Keren can back me up, because she has also witnessed the awesomeness that is this guy.  SO, if you are ever running in the evenings near skokie lagoons, keep your eyes open for him, he is my favorite thing to see on the North Branch Trail!

23 comments:

  1. Cool dude! Wow Skokie Lagoons--my old stomping grounds. I went to Niles West!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So then you might know this guy! I work in Northbrook, so i always run up there while i wait for traffic to simmer down

      Delete
  2. I love when I see the same people over and over again. I wonder if they think the same thing about me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the drawing! I wish I actually knew something about birds. It's dorky but I would love to birdwatch. Two bird books later... and I am still clueless (except for those Red Winged Blackbirds - I know all about them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose he could be studying plants or something, but when i was assuming all these things about him based on appearance, bird watcher seemed so natural :)

      Delete
  4. This guy sounds awesome. I love your drawing--it seems quite accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha for some reason I can see that being my boyfriend in thirty years ..he loves bird watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell him to start growing a handlebar mustache NOW!

      Delete
  6. See - you could totally draw my sister in to our race pics! You ARE AN ARTIST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! I will even construct a frame out of popsicle sticks as a bonus.

      Delete
  7. I so want that hat...and YES, please draw me into Bobbi's pic. Those bastards blow! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seriously do! They did the same thing to me and Matt at rockford...if we are holding hands, we probably want a picture together...

      Delete
  8. Now you have me thinking what my favorite seen on the run photo would be....I would have to say the most recent one was a guy you ran rnr pdx in platform boots. They had to have at least been 6 inches, but probably even more. It was crazy and looked painful. No wonder why I saw him in the beer garden on my way out pounding the beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would give anything to see a picture of that! And i think i have it hard - that takes some balls! :D

      Delete
  9. OMG I spit my coffee out when I saw this! Actually you didn't draw his mustach NEARLY big enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried people would not believe me if i made it full scale!! Its the greatest mustache ever!

      Delete
  10. I love it when I see the same people during my runs. For some reason it makes me feel at ease, and there's usually this silent acknowledgement that we both "know" each other. I need to run this trail so I can see this awesome man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! There is rarely anyone running on it, so the few people you see not on bikes, you feel like you get to know!

      Delete
  11. This is way better than any photograph

    ReplyDelete