Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Raffle time!

I have a few raffles lined up this summer to help me fundraise for my charity, The Huntington's Disease Society of America. If you haven't read my story, i strongly encourage you to do so, because i am the best. writer. ever. (ha)  HD has killed off a good portion of my dads side of the family (including my dad) but we have decided to fight back.  I ran the chicago half marathon last year, and raised money all summer, and honestly - it sucked. The running was a lot of fun, but i barely met my personal goal in the 11th hour, and basically no one wanted to donate because they had never heard of the disease, didn't emotionally relate to it, and just didn't care.


I am running the Chicago half marathon again this year (as well as the Chicago full Marathon!), only i took over and am leading the entire charity team, because i am a psychopath go-getter.  Rather than just beg for money, we are setting up fun events and raffles. May is actually Huntington's Disease Awareness month (did you know that?  Now you do!) so i thought it was a perfect time to do this awesome raffle.


The amazing folks at Pro-Compression have donated two pairs of their marathon socks to help raise some money for Team Run for HD!  What can i say about Pro-Compression that i haven't already?  You know i love them - i have three pairs (so far...)  I started wearing them as an extra layer during my brutal winter training, but i realized how much they help me run longer and recover faster.  (After i ran my first half marathon i couldn't run for a week.  10 days ago i ran a 20 miler, and the next day went back out for more!)  I have no proof that compression socks make you a better runner - i'm not a doctor.  or a scientist.  Its even debatable if i can really call myself a "runner"  but they do make you look cool, they are WAY easier to get on and off then other compression socks, they have fun colors, and they make me feel like a better runner; thats all that matters to me!**


**It's important that you know Pro-Compression does not sponsor me in anyway.  I actually just really like their products, and they were nice enough to help out with this charity!


So, thanks to Eric at Pro-Compression, i have not one, but TWO pairs of compression socks (which retail for $50.00 each) to raffle off:
Both are size S/M - one is hot pink, one is black.  Personally, i want the black pair!
To enter this raffle, all you have to do is donate to my charity page.  For every $3 you donate to HDSA you get one entry into the raffle! ($3 = 1, $6 = 2, etc.) You can get one additional entry if you blog about this raffle - (just post a link in the comment section)  and another if you go to facebook and like Team Run for HD (and comment below telling me).  


My charity page for donations is HERE.  The two winners will be announced Monday morning, so you have until Sunday night to donate and tell all your friends!!


**Also, if you have any desire to run the Chicago Half Marathon with us, or are curious about what else we are doing to fundraise/raise awareness please visit www.TeamRunforHD.com.  We're kind of a big deal.
I had to add this picture with me wearing my white pro compression socks.  Because i look awesome.
As always, thanks for the support!!


Sara/G-foxxx

17 comments:

  1. All the best with your fundraising. What a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Your support makes a HUGE difference!

      Delete
  2. I wish I was around to run the Chicago half with you! (or maybe not bc you'd make it 150 degrees)but I'll be there for the MARATHON!!!!!!!!

    (I liked them on fb to ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a theory that when we join forces, we create perfect running weather...look at the shamrock shuffle!

      Delete
  3. Ok....I'm in on Facebook....and you know I'll be making a contribution! Great cause....and I have to support Sara!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and my donation is in......:>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really think we are gonna do some great things this year!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's really exciting how many of us are running it!

      Delete
  6. And in addition to my donation, here's where I blog about you: http://eri-thon.blogspot.com/2012/05/moti-what.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin! I added you for another entry :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I donated, blogged (bottom of today's post: http://www.magmilerunner.com/2012/05/wedding.html) and like Team Run for HD on Facebook! Good luck! I like the pink socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I donated! And like Team Run for HD on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I donated and liked the facebook page!! Such a great idea to raise money! Good luck out there!!

    ReplyDelete