Thursday, May 3, 2012

Photo Challenge #3!

For photo challenge number 3, Maggie asked "What is something that you HAVE to have for every run?"


My answer is....


....UNDERWEAR!
I seriously had no idea that most of you were free-balling it.  When i was little, my grandma told me that only floozies don't wear undergarments, and i just assumed that the rule applied to athletics as well. The worst part is, i don't even own special "runderwear"  I just wear whatever i happen to have on that day.  Those tangerine colored babies?  Lace.  I am pretty sure i wore a thong once for a half-marathon.  I never even thought about such things.  I am "that runner" that doesn't really bother with "proper gear"  Oh thats right - when i'm not wearing all my beautiful compression socks, i am wearing cotton socks.  Usually Matt's.   But think about it- if anything were to ever happen to me when i am running, i do not want one of my identifying characteristics to be "runner found - was not wearing any underwear."


**This is not to pass any kind of judgement on those of you running free as a bird - good for you.  I just personally can't do it.  I have to be wearing underwear on every single run.  You're welcome for way more information than you ever wanted.

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's only because i haven't had children yet :)

      Delete
  2. I always wear thongs, (way tmi, I know) but I recently got a pair of UA running shorts with built in undies..and they are WONDERFUL! I have't run a long distance in them, but they don't bunch up at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with the built in undies i double up - i have problems!

      Delete
  3. you are my hero. GO UNDIE WEARERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA. Nice. BUT, in my mind, if my shorts are lined, then I AM wearing underwear! However I've also started going commando under tights/capris/"compression" shorts (I love how everything that is form fitting is now "compression"), so, yeah. There's that. It all started with ballet, when my sister-in-law told me I'm supposed to go commando under my tights/leotard. Once I started doing that, and realized how much more comfortable it was, it wasn't a stretch to do it while running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! If shorts have lining I feel like I'm wearing undies too.

      I just love going commando in general. I'm disgusting.

      Delete
    2. I wear the underwear with the shorts with the liner. I'm safety girl! (safe against what? I have no idea...)

      Delete
  5. I had to laugh at my BFF the other day who ran a long run in her thong and then had some slight "chafing" in a certain area. She thought running 16 miles in a thong was okay. Um. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crazy thing is, i have never had a problem! I guess i am just resilient in that aspect?

      Delete
  6. But...if the shorts have built in undies don't you feel like you're wearing two pairs? And what about visible panty line? I guess if you're wearing a thong that's not really an issue, though.

    I don't wear underwear when I run. Or bike. Sometimes when I strength train but even then not always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess i never even considered panty lines showing. If people are looking, thats their problem, haha

      Delete
  7. Haha i ALWAYS wear underwear while running too. I know that all my running shorts are lined, but it never occured to me that it was a replacement? Since most of my shorts are the split leg, I thought it was for coverage sake. And I dont ever think about what pair I have on. I've def done long runs in thongs, boy shorts and briefs and never noticed a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! As a man - compression shorts are a must ! My shorts have the built in underwear but I still wear compression / wicking underwear. Who wants to walk around in soaking wet undies after a run ??!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still think we should do a big poll to see who is wearing undies. A lot more than I thought, after reading these comments. I never wear them when I am working out. Or sleeping. Ahh! I think I have an underwear problem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS!! I also wear undies on every run- regardless if the shorts have a liner or built in brief. I cant imagine free ballin... I have an actual pair of "Rundies" but have preferred "normal" pairs for certain types of workouts based on their ability to chafe.

    ReplyDelete