Thursday, May 10, 2012

My favorite race picture

This weeks Photo Challenge courtesy of Maggie is to post your favorite race photo.  Its really too bad it isn't worst race photos, because i have so, so many.  I ended up being torn.  I have a funny favorite from the Cincinnati half marathon last year where i crossed the finish line while hurdling a strategically placed banana peel, mario kart style (you can view it here at Kelsey's Blog).  In the end, I chose this as my absolute all time favorite race photo.
Technically it's after the race, but it was right after the Chicago Half Marathon 2011, and i had just finished my very first half marathon, and it just seemed like the most impossible thing ever at the time.  I had trained all summer, with no background in running, and involved a lot of difficult transitions to accommodate the training (hellooooo saturday 5 am).  My mom, brother, and all of my dads family, as well as Matt and my two best friends came out to cheer me on.  I know someone who was not me ended up winning the race, but i seriously doubt they had the crowd support that i did, so i consider myself the real winner of that race.

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That's some great support! You won at life that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing to have so many family and friends there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooooooooooo great pic! I'm still wondering why you didn't photoshop my head into the picture though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! It means so much to have someone out there, watching for you. That has gotten me through all of my marathons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i hope most of the same crew will be there next weekend!! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice photo! I love all the support you had for your 1st half. I cant remember ever having support like that for a race :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think i could have finished without them!

      Delete
  6. wow..I had my first last Sept...and I have crashed and burned on the running front. I must use you as a role model! Want the job? (it pays only in harassment)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look like death in race pictures. Why can't I at least get a couple of cute ones? I usually like the before pictures when I look cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my goal for this year is to get a finish line photo where i don;t look like i am dying :)

      Delete