I was pretty tired and a little under the weather, mostly because the pup kept me up the entire night, (and many nights preceding), and i have been coming down with a cold. Nothing major, just a lot of congestion and some coughing.
I was really concerned about the ice situation...we had this lame freezing snow/drizzle thing going on friday night that left everything coated in ice. On the plus side? I didn't fall on my run. On the down side? I have fallen three times since today, once just walking to my car after the run. I am as graceful as a bull in a china shop. Luckily, the path was coated in an inch of ice...probably because of the f^3 half marathon being run today (which car twin Keren rocked the FACE off, btw!) All that salt kept the ice at bay, but it also created huge lakes along the path, one of which i stepped in, creating an unpleasant wet sock scenario. It also trashed my shoes
|The ones on the left are the new shoes! Damn you salt!|
This was all i could think of:
(i'm not gonna lie, it's on my ipod, and i listen to it whenever i am on the dreadmill. My dark secret is out.)
Other than that, my run was very peaceful and uneventful...almost zenlike! god i love running slow. Maggie over at Mag Mile Runner gave me these questions to answer, as a means to entertain (or horrify) all of you.
My 11 Questions:
- Why do you run? I'm not really sure why i run, because i am pretty sure i complain about it daily on this blog....a big part of it is just proving that i can run. I went to grad school just because one person said i would never go. I sang michael jackson at karaoke just because someone said i would never do it. I'm just a brat, really.
- What other athletic things do you enjoy? I like yoga, but i have only done that since i started running. I was in a roller derby for a while, but its been ages since i strapped on my skates!
- Where did you grow up? Loves Park (its part of Rockford, IL "rock vegas") Its generally referred to as Loves Park-ensaw because of its white trashiness
- Why do you currently live where you do? Most of my close friends live in the general Logan Square area. It also has reasonable rent and ample parking.
- Where is your favorite place in the world? Apalachicola, FL. Matt and i went there last year, and had the greatest time eating oysters, chasing hermit crabs, and laying on the beach
- Do you know how to do something that not everyone can do? win at scrabble
- What foods do you hate? Cauliflower! and meat.
- What kind of car do you drive, and why did you buy it? I drive a nissan versa, and i love it. Its small and easy to park, but still roomy. And it's blue...it was love at first sight.
- Have you ever quit anything? Why? I have quit lots of things, but only when they are healthy to me, physically or mentally
- What was your major? If you could go back in time, would you pick something else? (If you didn't go to college, what would you major in if you did?) I majored (and then mastered) in Industrial Design. Its a good career and all, but if i could go back, i might do something slightly different.
- Where did you go to college? Why? (And if you didn't go, why? I went to University of Illinois at Chicago for undergrad, because it was still relatively close to home because my dad was sick, and i was legally in charge of medical decisions. I went to grad school at Purdue university because they paid me.
Wow, i am super boring. I apologize if you are still reading. I will try and think up some new questions and pay it forward!