I am in an EPIC mood right now. Tonight was supposed to be my midweek run with CARA. Did i go? NO. Did i want to go? YES. I hate that my job is completely random and unpredictable, and making any kind of weekday plans is a joke. A JOKE. Oh you're training for a marathon? That's funny, becase we need you to work until 7 because this random project is way more important. Some of it is probably my poor time management, but seriously, i just want to be able to make it somewhere b 6:30. That would change my life....
So, i present you with "Reasons i hate Wednesday"
1. Any semblance of a schedule has been destroyed. I love being an independent woman with a great job, but i really hate the impact it has on my quality of life. It kills me when i read the blogs of women who don't have to work 50 hours a week, and have nothing but free time to run and be crazy fast. NO WONDER I AM SO SLOW!
2. Because i worked until 7, and by that time the CARA group was already done, i had to run on the treadmill at work. That sucks extra hard today, because i wasn't planning on it, therefore i had no headband, no shorts, and NO IPOD!
4. This run was an angry one! Sometimes my job makes me crazy! and there is nothing like stewing in your own sweat and silence because you are sans headphones and wearing thermal pants in a climate controlled room.
5. On my "marathon training schedule, i was supposed to run "4 miles @ marathon pace" Did i run at my desired marathon pace? No. If i can't run 4 miles at 9 minutes, how will i ever run 26???
|So unhappy despite sparkling clean floors.|
7. Friday night is supposed to be an amazing combo of freezing rain followed by snow. This ensures that my commute will be a three hour nightmare, and that my long run saturday morning will be as dangerous as it is cold. I know it's winter, but why can't it snow/freezing rain during times that are more convenient to MY running schedule???
8. And finally, because i am in full blown rant mode, How is it front page news that Paula Deen has diabetes??? Have you ever seen her show? OF COURSE she had diabetes!! Throw some butter at it Paula....throw some butter at it....***
|Southern cooking for the win.|
If you are still reading this, i have NO idea why, but thank you. I just needed to vent because i am pissed off that i missed my group run that i was looking forward too, and that i am still much slower than i am used to being. It's making me cranky and unbearable. I promise to wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow.