Thursday, October 20, 2011

Going nowhere fast

Today was my "Last Chance" run before Cincinnati.  Much like in the biggest loser, its my last chance to squeeze in a challenging run in the morning, outside, before weigh-in raceday.  On the bright side, there was an hour gap in the pouring rain this morning.  On the not so bright side, it was 42 degrees, 36 with the windchill, which was carried in on 40 mph winds, and still raining a little bit.  What happened to fall??  We went right from summer to winter!!  I am not prepared!!  I ran 2.5 miles, but is was so windy it felt twice as far.  I actually have some wind burn on my face!  I got a lot of weird looks too, kinda like "HEY LADY- DIDN'T YOU SEE THE RED EXCLAMATION POINT FROM WEATHER BUG??"  I couldn't tell if they were looking at me with pity, or condescending disdain.  Maybe it was the fact that i was dressed like a special needs runner?  I have no winter running gear (uhhhh, it was 80 degrees last week!)  So i had to piece together a cold weather outfit as best i could.  I wore my capris (because i don't have pants)  gray knit knee high socks (because baseball players do it) a white long sleeve shirt, and my gray shark hoodie.  I also had brightly colored mismatch cotton gloves, and my Purdue ear warmers.  So, yeah...i looked like an olympian.  A very special olympian.

in my mind, this makes sense.

yep.  that just happened.
My personal style services are available, for anyone who needs to suit up for cold weather running, but doesn't have the money for pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment